Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-10-16 Origin:Site
What material is MDF
Density board (English: High Density Board (wood)), also known as fiberboard, is a man-made board made of wood materials such as trunk wood, branch wood, or other plant fibers through heat grinding, sizing, drying, and paving. , Adhesive mainly uses urea-formaldehyde glue. It is soft and impact resistant, with high strength, uniform density after pressing, and easy to reprocess. It is widely used in many fields in my country, but its disadvantage is poor waterproofness, which also limits its scope of use to a certain extent .
Types of MDF
We usually classify fiberboard into four categories according to its density:
Lightweight fiberboard: nominal density is less than or equal to 0.45g/cm³
Low density fiberboard: nominal density is 0.45g/cm³～0.65g/cm³
Medium density fiberboard: nominal density is 0.65g/cm³～0.80g/cm³
High-density fiberboard: the nominal density is greater than 0.80g/cm³
Features of MDF
The surface of the density board is smooth and flat, the material is fine, the performance is stable, the edge is firm, and the surface of the board is well decorated. However, MDF has poor moisture resistance. In contrast, MDF has a weaker nail-holding power than particleboard. If the screws are loosened after tightening, it is difficult to fix the MDF because of its low strength.
Advantages of MDF
1. The density board is easy to be painted. Various coatings and paints can be evenly coated on the density board, which is the first choice for the paint effect.
2. Density board is also a beautiful decorative board.
3. All kinds of wood veneer, adhesive paper film, veneer, light metal sheet, melamine board and other materials can be glued on the surface of density board.
4. After punching and drilling, the rigid density board can also be made into sound-absorbing board, which can be used in architectural decoration engineering.
5. Excellent physical properties, uniform material, no dehydration problem.
Disadvantages of MDF
1.The biggest disadvantage of MDF is that it is not moisture-proof and swells when it sees water. When using MDF as skirting board, door cover board, and window sill board, you should pay attention to paint on all six sides so that it will not be deformed.
2. The density board has a large expansion rate when exposed to water and large deformation. The long-term load-bearing deformation is larger than that of the homogeneous solid wood particle board.
Although the density board has poor moisture resistance, the density board has a smooth surface, fine material, stable performance, firm edges, easy modeling, and avoids problems such as decay and insects. It is superior to particleboard in terms of bending strength and impact strength, and the surface of the board is very decorative, which is even better than solid wood furniture.
3. The nail-holding force of MDF is relatively poor. Because the dense fibers are very broken, the nail-holding force of MDF is much worse than that of solid wood and particle board.